Sunday, May 06, 2007

This Is What I Save My Money For

Summer movie season, of course. With the release of Spider-Man 3 this weekend, summer blockbuster season has officially started. That means my AMC MovieWatcher card scores will be going up a lot quicker and my bank account will get depleted faster than I'm getting my rewards.

Before I rave about summer movies, let me do a quick plug for two movies I've recently seen. The first one is Fracture with Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling. Great acting and wonderful crime thriller drama. The other is Vacancy with Luke Wilson and Kate Beckinsale, which is also a great movie. I'm a big fan of Hitchcock-like thrillers and these two movies are like homages to the master's great storytelling. Watch either one of these movies if you're having a hard time getting in to see the $148M weekend blockbuster.

So - Spider-Man 3 is worth seeing. It's funny, entertaining, and every fan girl (or boy) will be happy with what they get. I didn't see the IMAX version as I had to already stand in line for 3+ hours just to get in the regular theater. It's still thrilling though even if I didn't get the full vertigo effect.

Here's a list of my top 10 summer movies that I'm really looking forward to seeing this year. Let me know if you have other favorites that didn't make my list but should.

  1. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  2. Transformers
  3. 1408
  4. Martian Child
  5. The Simpsons Movie
  6. Ocean's Thirteen
  7. Rescue Dawn
  8. Superbad
  9. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
  10. The Invasion

No comments: