Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Isn't It Ironic?

I don’t want to brag but Los Angeles was beautiful last week. Day-time high was in the low 70’s and night-time temp is about 40° (all in Fahrenheit, of course). The skies were blue and a couple of windy days helped clear off the brown gunk that generally hangs over the LA Basin. Of course, it was tragic to see the gray and dreary clouds this morning and the bit of shower coming down.

Nonetheless, I still have a lot of things to look forward to, like the total lunar eclipse that will be completely viewable starting at 7:00 PM Pacific on Wednesday. The moon will be completely under the Earth’s shadow for close to an hour, even though the eclipse will already be in full mode by the time the moon rises in Los Angeles.

So, now that I’m getting ready to look at where would be the best spot to view the eclipse, I realize that it will still be raining tomorrow and there’s a 60% cloud covering at around 7PM.

I know I’m a loser for having nothing better to do than look at the moon and check out the weather but I don’t care. For people like me, this is not just ironic; it’s completely f*cked up.

No comments: