I'm not afraid to admit that I have things I get real geeky about, even if my girlfriends give me the eyebrow-raise because the things that excite me are not quite the stuff most mature women would gush over.
Grindhouse is one of those things. I haven't had this much fun at the movies for a while. With a double-feature and faux-trailers sprinkled throughout, it is worth sitting through for 3 hours. Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino not only indulge their own eclectic tastes but they also show the audience why they're good at what they do.
The other thing I get really excited about everytime I see it is the PowerSquid. Want to know more about this shellfish, read this article on CNNMoney.com. I have the low-end version of this delicacy and I love it. I keep putting it on my Christmas Wish List but nobody's taking me seriously. I'm hoping that this Mother's Day or my upcoming birthday, someone out there will splurge for the $85 Calamari edition (with 3240 Joules and lit-up female parts). Come on people - it's less than a hundred bucks. Pool your dimes together and do a carwash fundraising to cover the rest. Why won't I buy this baby myself, you ask? Because I'm spending my money on the $400-season tickets to the Ahmanson Theater (is that girly enough for you?).
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment